Have you noticed yourself feeling diminished consistently? Do you find yourself apologizing to your partner even despite being on the receiving end of your lover’s bad behavior? Have you been feeling that your partner takes you for granted and also takes advantage of you? If the answer of the these questions is a ‘YES’ then it establishes that you are dating an emotional manipulator.
Being in a relationship with an emotional manipulator may not only scar you emotionally but also cause severe damage to you in the long run. Here are some warning signs to watch out for:Here are some warning signs to watch out for:
1. Your partner diminishes your feelings: Emotional manipulators are selfish people and are concerned solely about themselves and their desires. They do not care about your feelings and when you try to share some grief or feelings, they may turn you down by saying you are stupid or are over-reacting. Sometimes, their manipulative nature makes you think that they are right. An emotional manipulator also does not apologize and blames you for something, which is actually their fault.
2. Your partner often lets you down: If you get insulted, embarrassed or are made fun of by your partner frequently, especially in public, he or she is likely to be an emotional manipulator. The person is likely to prey on all your insecurities. You may be made fun of in front of your family and friends, by your partner, which crosses the limit of joking. Even if you convey that you are hurt by these actions, they do not change.
3. Your partner blames you for their bad behavior: An emotional manipulator will never take the blame or responsibility of their bad deeds. Instead, they will try to put the entire blame on you with lame justifications. If your partner is an emotional manipulator, it is likely that he or she would ask you over and over about your feelings.
4. Your partner does not explain themselves: Emotional manipulators are likely to hold back their issues and do not bother to explain their actions. Actually, such people do not intend to connect emotionally with you. They will try to impose themselves upon you and feel that they are superior than you. Such people get angry very easily if you cannot manage time for them.
5. Your partner changes ways only after extremities: Emotional manipulators do not care about your feelings and when you are fed up and want to leave, they start overreacting and promise to make positive changes. However, after a while they regain their previous attitude.
The above signs indicate that your partner is an emotional manipulator. If you experience these signs, the best decision is to leave your partner and move on.